Slide 1 of 16
Born to a musical family (her mother was gospel singer Cissy Houston, pictured here with her daughter in 1983; Aretha Franklin was Whitney’s godmother, and Dionne Warwick a cousin), she sings backup at age 15 for her mother on Chaka Kahn’s hit ”I’m Every Woman.” Some 13 years later, Whitney would make her own version of the song a chart hit once again.
Image Credit: NNS/Landov
February 17 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!