Slide 1 of 10
‘Planes, Trains, and Automobiles’ (1987)
Everything goes wrong in this ultimate nightmare of holiday travel. A diverted airplane leads to motel robbery followed by a burned-out rental car. Thanks to the masterful comedy of John Candy and Steve Martin, the characters’ predicament is as hilarious as it is pathetic, but no one would wish it on their worst enemy.
Image Credit: Paramount/Courtesy Everett Collection
December 23 2015 — 12:00 PM EST
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday