Super Mario 64 is one of the animated plumber’s most famous adventures, and also one of the most important games in the medium’s history. The Nintendo platformer helped set the benchmark for how many 3D games would be designed and played, from the late ’90s to today.
And while its gameplay certainly hasn’t aged poorly, the game’s visuals have—which is why someone decided to give Super Mario 64 a new sheen of HD paint.Read Full Story
Anyone trying to reach Jimmy Fallon will want their calls to go to voicemail now. Lin-Manuel Miranda, the man behind In the Heights and the recent stage phenomenon Hamilton—a rap musical about founding father Alexander Hamilton—recently freestyled an outgoing voicemail message for the overjoyed late night host. Phillipa Soo, who plays Hamilton’s wife Eliza in the show, provided the beatboxing, while singer Sara Bareilles was apparently operating the camera.Read Full Story
Louis C.K. has no issue voicing his anger about everyday pproblems in his stand-up acts, but over the weekend, he became the voice of outrage for someone else—New York City mayor Bill de Blasio.Read Full Story
Master Chief may have finally met his match.Read Full Story
Each year, dozens of prized orange dirigibles are handed out at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards. And, more notably, multiple celebrities are doused with green slime at the Kids’ Choice Awards.
Everyone knows going into the show that no one is safe from the slime, but some are more surprised than others—Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland, for one, looked visibly shocked when the goo poured over her and her co-stars. Here are the most amusing slimes of the night:Read Full Story
Sorry, The Legend of Zelda fans. The wait for Link’s next adventure just became a bit longer.Read Full Story
When alleged murderer Robert Durst’s name became a household one the past month thanks to his starring role in HBO documentary series The Jinx, some people mixed him up with another famous Durst: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst, who made a hoodie with “NOT ROBERT” written on the front to clear up any confusion about his identity.Read Full Story
Michael Bay and HBO’s Girls are about as dissimilar and themes as two entertainment brands can be. The director shoots for high-concept flicks with outlandish stunts and insane plots, while Lena Dunham’s show aims for low-key characterization and development. Whenever the two collided in a mash-up, real or otherwise, one’s sensibilities would be crushed for comedic effect, skewering the other.Read Full Story
The next installment in Improv Everywhere’s “Musicals in Real Life” series went down at Manhattan’s Houston Hall bar Tuesday night.
Actors who had been posing as pub employees and customers chime in as one man struggles to pick the right beer for his date during Beer! The Musical. “No macrobrews!” one woman warns mid-song.Read Full Story
If you grew up in the 90s (read: if you took a Buzzfeed quiz to determine you grew up in the 90s), The Sandlot was likely viewed one or two dozen times—with good reason.Read Full Story
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Disney eyes live-action 'Mulan' film
- Trans stories find a home on reality TV following Orange is the New Black, Transparent success
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!