- TV Show
- Reality TV, Music
- run date
- Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Kelly Clarkson, Alicia Keys
- Current Status
- In Season
10. Caroline Burns (Team Adam):
There are a lot of teen talents on this show, but the tiniest one of all is Caroline Burns, the little engine that could who worked her way back from a season 9 rejection and has made it all the way here. She’s got a lot of heart, and that definitely comes through in her performances, even when there are certain imperfections scattered throughout. Such is the case tonight as she belts out Kodaline’s “All I Want.” Her tone on the verses is controlled and extremely pretty, and she takes her coach’s advice to accelerate on intensity during the chorus well. Still though, Adam thinks she’s still holding something “explosive” back that we have yet to see from her, thanks to her shyness, and we can’t help but agree that we haven’t felt that fist pump happen with her yet.
11. Brian Nhira (Team Adam):
Brian Nhira’s the kinda kid you can’t help but root for — and not just because he’s an actual saint (Okay, that’s a tiny bit of an exaggeration, but he does spend his off-time hanging out with children around the world). He also gives 110 percent of his very being to every show he puts on, and even in those moments when he sounds a bit pitchy or breathy from all the running around he’s doing, he’s still so very present that it’s hard to impeach the quality of his delivery.
It’s also worth noting that he’s chosen a ridiculously difficult song (Sia’s “Alive,” which required him to be at full-tilt the entire way), which Adam is certain is at the absolute end of the difficulty spectrum which he’ll never reach again. His fan favor won’t go anywhere after tonight.
12. Hannah Huston (Team Pharrell):
For a preschool teacher who’s only just now finding her passion for music, Hannah Huston’s definitely got some lungs. She even brings Pharrell to tears during her rehearsal of Aretha Franklin’s “Ain’t No Way.” Her live performance of the same is a little less precise, with her struggling to reach some of the strongest notes, but Pharrell’s impressed by her “super colorful” singing style and thinks she’s definitely done what she needed to to steal all the hearts (and votes).
TOP 12 PREDICTIONS:
1. Adam Wakefield (Team Blake): C’monnn. This man already sounds like he’s on the radio.
2. Alisan Porter (Team Christina): Of course. This girl is on fire.
3. Brian Nhira (Team Adam): Whatever technical difficulties he might have experienced tonight, he makes up for in droves with his spirit. People will vote for this kid; we just know it.
4. Daniel Passino (Team Pharrell): He came back as though he’d never been gone and earned an enthusiastic wave-through to the next round.
5. Emily Keener (Team Pharrell): She’s a “unicorn.” How can you beat that?
6. Hannah Huston (Team Pharrell): She wasn’t perfect tonight, but she’s still definitely in this thing.
7. Joe Maye (Team Blake): His performance last night was a game-changer.
8. Laith Al-Saadi (Team Adam): Laith’s a power performer who is so legitimate and memorable that he might just have the edge over his equally qualified teammate Owen Danoff. But we’re not 100 percent on that just yet.
9. Mary Sarah (Team Blake): As Blake mentioned last night, she’s already a team favorite, and her skillset is so defined and real that it’s hard to believe she won’t get a nod.
10. Ryan Quinn (Team Christina): Who doesn’t love this guy? The Quinnsanity will surely carry the day.
11. Shalyah Fearing (Team Adam): We’ll be surprised if she isn’t the top-voted contestant of all time after what she accomplished tonight. She’s a *star* already.
12. Támar Davis (Team Christina): Támar has definitely proven that she’s ready to advance because this gal is a total pro.
- Team Adam: Shalyah Fearing, Brian Nhira, Caroline Burns, Laith Al-Saadi, Owen Danoff, and Nate Butler
- Team Pharrell: Lacy Mandigo, Caity Peters, Emily Keener, Hannah Huston, Moushumi, and Daniel Passino
- Team Christina: Ryan Quinn, Bryan Bautista, Alisan Porter, Kata Hay, Támar Davis, and Nick Hagelin
- Team Blake: Joe Maye, Paxton Ingram, Mary Sarah, Adam Wakefield, Katie Basden, and Justin Whisnant