Greetings, fellow Humaniacs! Can you believe it’s the season (and possibly series) finale already? It seems like only yesterday (well, four months ago) when we first met Detective John Kennex and his robot partner Dorian. Since then we’ve delighted to their banter, been intrigued by the show’s bubbling mythology (what’s beyond the Wall??) and tolerated Minka Kelly’s terminally dull Detective Stahl.
Welcome back, Human-iacs!
If all you Stahl/Minka Kelly haters out there were hoping that the show would sideline everyone’s least favorite perfect specimen of genetic engineering after her spotlight episode a couple weeks back, well, have we got bad news for you. Get ready for more Minka Kelly-heavy action with another plotline revolving around “chromes,” the genetically modified class of beautiful people that Stahl is a member of.
Welcome back, Humaniacs!
This week we have a killer “smart home,” a band of pesky hackers, and Minka Kelly in a purple wig! Also, who’s messing with Dorian’s head? Let’s find out!
Welcome back, Almost Human-oids! Or perhaps you prefer “Humaniacs” or “Stahl-agmites”? (Ha ha, just kidding, that last one will never catch on.)
This week’s episode, “Perception,” kicks off with a visually stunning teaser where two young women separately tweak out on a new designer drug. In both cases, their minds are expanded and they see all sorts of colors and patterns. One walks through the woods and is surrounded by bees. The other conducts a virtual orchestra. It’s all pretty weird. Suddenly, they both collapse. Don’t use futuristic designer drugs, folks.
Welcome back, Almost Human-ers! (Feel free to suggest another name for us loyal fans.)
After a few weeks off, the show comes back blazing with the long-awaited introduction of John Larroquette as Dorian’s creator and Gina “should’ve been Wonder Woman” Carano as a sexy killer robot!
Before we get started, this is your weekly reminder that Fox has been airing episodes of Almost Human out of order. This week’s outing, “You Are Here,” is actually episode two, which explains the return to the Insyndicate plot thread set up in the pilot. It also explains why Kennex is acting a bit out of character this week.
So let’s bite the bullet and get started!
Happy New Year and welcome back to the Almost Human recaps!
When we last left off, Det. Kennex and his android partner Dorian had just taken down a seedy artificial body parts ring. Oh, and Fox was airing the episodes out of order. Certainly that has changed in the new year, right?
This week, we dive back into the artificial body parts black market that has been an interesting runner throughout the series thus far. So let’s get into episode six, “Arrhythmia.”
Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban) and Dorian (Michael Ealy) are on the case of a suspicious death at a hospital on tonight’s episode of Almost Human. Sounds pretty standard, right? Well, there’s nothing standard about this case, as the stars explain in this exclusive video preview.
In the episode, airing Monday at 8 p.m. ET, the duo is trying to find the person running a black market ring that specializes in bio-mechanical hearts, which they are shutting off remotely in order to resell them to the highest bidder. It’s crime circa 2048, people!
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More