American Idol is singing one last victory anthem.
The series will receive this year’s Governors Award, the Television Academy announced Friday. The prestigious award, which honors achievement in television “beyond the scope” of a traditional Emmy Award, has previously gone to the “It Gets Better” project, Comic Relief, and Masterpiece Theater.
Jax left everything she had on the American Idol stage each week when she competed on the show’s fourteenth season, but for the last few months, the singer has been secretly battling cancer.
American Idol’s La’Porsha Renae will release her Gold Medal Mix for “Battles” Friday just in time for the start of the Olympic Games in Rio.
The Idol runner-up’s song will serve as the anthem for the U.S. women’s gymnastics squad. The song offers an inspiring message that will resonate with team and fans watching at home. The singer offers up powerful lyrics: “Some days, it feels like you could run a million miles/Some days, you feel like you can’t move/Some days, it feels like you could start a wildfire/Some days, the fire’s burning you.”
John Stevens, a former American Idol contestant, was struck by a van while jogging in Chelsea, Massachusetts, last week.
Stevens — who was later treated at Massachusetts General Hospital before being taken to Buffalo, New York, to recuperate with his parents — suffered a fractured skull, broken arm and deafness in his right ear.
This article originally appeared on PEOPLE.com
American Idol finalist Rickey Smith has reportedly died in a car crash in Oklahoma. He was 36.
America and the American Idol judges have spoken, crowning Trent Harmon as our final American Idol over runner-up La’Porsha Renae, but now it’s their turn to do the judging. The two singers dropped by EW to let us know what they think — in just one hashtag — about judges Harry Connick, Jr., Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and host Ryan Seacrest.
Simon Cowell made a surprise return on the American Idol finale, after all — and the show’s legendary bad-boy finally offered up a little contrition for all the mean things he said to contestants over the years.
Fresh off a stomping performance at the ACM Awards, Carrie Underwood took the stage during the American Idol finale on Thursday and performed “Something in the Water” from her 2014 Greatest Hits album.
Kelly Clarkson already brought fans to tears during the last season of American Idol, but the show’s inaugural winner performed a medley of her greatest tunes during the series finale on Thursday night, effectively shutting the book on the show that made her famous.
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big