NBC’s American Odyssey has come to an end.
The network canceled the globe-spanning drama starring Anna Friel after one season of low ratings. The thriller’s executive producer, Peter Horton, tweeted his reaction to the news:
In an era where the comedy has become all but irrelevant to NBC, the network has tried to capture the success of its dark thrillers like The Blacklist and… well, The Blacklist. Conspiracy theories, mortal peril, global stakes—these aspects have all been present in the network’s recent attempts to strike dramatic gold twice with viewers (Allegiance, anyone?).
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2,' 'Bad Boys 4' set for Summer 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale