UPDATE: EW can confirm that Sony plans to bring Beautiful to the big screen.
Sony Pictures will be able to use Carole King’s songs in the film. Sony Pictures Entertainment president Doug Belgrad and president of production Michael De Luca made the announcement today.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing this inspiring and powerful musical to movie audiences everywhere,” De Luca said in a statement.
As previously reported, Douglas McGrath, the musical’s book writer, will be on hand to adapt the musical to film. Sony will be producing alongside Playtone. Sherry Kondor and Christine Russell will also be producing. There has yet to be news about casting.
ORIGINAL STORY: Sony is set to bring Carole King’s beautiful career to the big screen.
- Jennifer Lawrence can't believe Chris Pratt speaks German
- 'Justice League' director Zack Snyder eyeing 'The Last Photograph'
- 'An Inconvenient Truth' sequel debuting at Sundance in Jan. 2017
- Preview the opening scene of the 'Last Man on Earth' fall finale
- 'Spider-Man': Tom Holland went undercover at New York high school to prep
- Madonna calls out 'blatant sexism' in Billboard acceptance speech
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Donald Trump: 'I want my ratings higher than his'