If Richard Gere ever receives an honorary Oscar, this film definitely won’t pop up in his highlight reel. Utterly unbelievable and relentlessly hokey, writer-director Andrew Renzi’s drama stars the snowy-haired Gere as a superwealthy philanthropist who noses his way into the lives of his best friend’s daughter (Dakota Fanning) and her new husband (Theo James, who’s actually quite good).
Who wouldn’t want a rich uncle — the kind of fun-loving guardian angel with deep pockets, no family of his own, and an eccentric eagerness to please? Maybe he’s the type of generous soul who always picks up the check for dinner. Or pays for college. Or buys the childhood home you lived in when your parents died tragically so you can raise your own family there.
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans