The people of Pretty Lake will need your prayers for another year.
Netflix has ordered a second season of dystopian drama Between, EW has confirmed. Starring iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy, Between is the story of a small town in which everyone over the age of 21 dies of a mysterious plague.
In Netflix’s Between, a mysterious plague has swept through the small town of Pretty Lake, killing anyone over the age of 21. Those left alive must come together without much help—and fewer answers.
When series’ star Jennette McCurdy stopped by the EW offices, we decided to put her to the test: With plenty of twists and turns, could Between appeal to any audience? Watch the actress pitch the series to everyone from Regina George to Miranda Cosgrove—of course, the two are BFFs, so she’s “obligated” to tune in—in the video above.
The town of Pretty Lake suffers from a mystery plague: Everyone older than 21 is dropping dead for no apparent reason. It’s the kind of premise that’s tailor-made for the YA boom (no dumb parents!), but the younger residents (including iCarly’s Jennette McCurdy) have bigger problems to deal with.
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?