HBO shared the full trailer for its new limited series Big Little Lies on Thursday, along with a warning: Be wary of the nice moms.
The teaser for the Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman-starring dark comedy sees both of the actresses’ characters welcoming a new mom to the community with the most open of arms. “This is Monterey. We pound people with nice,” Madeline (Witherspoon) tells Jane (Shailene Woodley). Adds Celeste (Kidman): “To death.”
HBO will hatch its Big Little Lies this February.
The network announced Monday that the limited drama starring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, and more will debut Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017, at 9 p.m. ET. Jean-Marc Vallée (Wild) directed all seven episodes created and written by David E. Kelley (Ally McBeal, Goliath).
Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman, and Shailene Woodley are doing some very bad things in the teaser trailer for HBO’s upcoming Big Little Lies.
The new clip, which dropped Saturday, offers a first look at footage from the Jean-Marc Vallée-directed, David E. Kelley-created project, based on Liane Moriarty’s 2014 novel of the same name, which revolves around three mothers whose seemingly normal lives are disrupted by unspeakable tragedy.
HBO’s upcoming miniseries Big Little Lies promises drama, intrigue, tragedy, and — judging by a photo that star Reese Witherspoon shared from set — plenty of laughs.
Reese Witherspoon announced the end of filming with a celebratory group shot featuring costars Laura Dern, Zoe Isabella Kravitz, and Shailene Woodley — and all the show’s kids. “Wrapped #BigLittleLies with all these amazing people!” she writes. “Can’t wait for y’all to see it! #LoveThem #Squad #WorkFamily.”
Jean-Marc Vallée is reuniting with Reese Witherspoon at HBO. The network announced Thursday that the Wild helmer will be behind the camera for all seven episode of limited series Big Little Lies, costarring Nicole Kidman.
This project marks Vallée’s (Dallas Buyers Club) first run at television. He’s paired with an accomplished writer in David E. Kelley, creator of Ally McBeal and The Practice.
HBO has ordered Big Little Lies, a new limited series drama writen and produced by David E. Kelley, with Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon set to star and produce.
Big Little Lies will follow the lives of three mothers who all have children in kindergarten. Their lives begin to unravel, however, amid a series of events that eventually leads them to murder.
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday