Give the Dogg a bone: Snoop’s portrayal of zombified gangsta Jimmy Bones echoes the sadistic cool of horror titans like Krueger and Myers. In the 1970s, Bones, a benevolent hustler who actually walked around the hood handing out cash, was killed by crack-slinging rivals. When some meddling kids aim to turn Bones’ Amityville-style townhouse into a dance club, a beast is resurrected that only Pam Grier, his baby’s mama, can tame.
Bones, a creepy-crawly horror movie starring Snoop Dogg as a ’70s ghetto crime stud who comes back as a bad-mutha ghost. It’s trash, but trash made with the oozy psychedelic zest of a movie like ”A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.” Snoop invests snarling meanness with as much authority as Clint Eastwood used to.
The dog, a black husky, has dirty matted hair and eyes that glow like cherry-red Jolly Rancher candies. Your basic rabid devil dog, in other words. But then it opens its mouth, and – how can I put this tastefully? Frankly, I can’t – it projectile-vomits a swarm of wriggly live maggots, which proceed to rain all over a dance floor of writhing young partiers. All together now: Eeewwww!
Talk about out of this world. Kevin Spacey’s alien dramedy ”K-PAX” topped the box office charts this weekend with an impressive $17.5 million, according to estimates.
(H)OOPS In what seems like a rare case of a publisher canceling an author’s book deal because he didn’t have time to go on a promotional tour, Ballantine Books has rescinded Justin Timberlake’s seven-figure deal to publish the ‘N Sync singer’s literary debut, ”Inside Drive: A Novel of Basketball, Life and Love.” ”We felt very strongly that we needed him to be able to go out on the road and do national media appearances and bookstore events,” a Ballantine spokeswoman told the Associated Press.
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!