Give the Dogg a bone: Snoop’s portrayal of zombified gangsta Jimmy Bones echoes the sadistic cool of horror titans like Krueger and Myers. In the 1970s, Bones, a benevolent hustler who actually walked around the hood handing out cash, was killed by crack-slinging rivals. When some meddling kids aim to turn Bones’ Amityville-style townhouse into a dance club, a beast is resurrected that only Pam Grier, his baby’s mama, can tame.
Bones, a creepy-crawly horror movie starring Snoop Dogg as a ’70s ghetto crime stud who comes back as a bad-mutha ghost. It’s trash, but trash made with the oozy psychedelic zest of a movie like ”A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.” Snoop invests snarling meanness with as much authority as Clint Eastwood used to.
The dog, a black husky, has dirty matted hair and eyes that glow like cherry-red Jolly Rancher candies. Your basic rabid devil dog, in other words. But then it opens its mouth, and – how can I put this tastefully? Frankly, I can’t – it projectile-vomits a swarm of wriggly live maggots, which proceed to rain all over a dance floor of writhing young partiers. All together now: Eeewwww!
Talk about out of this world. Kevin Spacey’s alien dramedy ”K-PAX” topped the box office charts this weekend with an impressive $17.5 million, according to estimates.
(H)OOPS In what seems like a rare case of a publisher canceling an author’s book deal because he didn’t have time to go on a promotional tour, Ballantine Books has rescinded Justin Timberlake’s seven-figure deal to publish the ‘N Sync singer’s literary debut, ”Inside Drive: A Novel of Basketball, Life and Love.” ”We felt very strongly that we needed him to be able to go out on the road and do national media appearances and bookstore events,” a Ballantine spokeswoman told the Associated Press.
- 'The Leftovers' creators announce third and final season premiere month
- Erika Girardi defends 'RHOBH': 'It's not just a bunch of bitches'
- 'The Vacationers' author Emma Straub plans to open Brooklyn bookstore
- Critics' Choice Awards 2016: Who should win Best Actor?
- Two brothers play a deadly board game in 'Beyond the Gates' clip
- 'Office Christmas Party' stars on extras gone wild
- Conan O'Brien gets punished by a dominatrix in Berlin
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans