The Book of Henry will be sitting on the shelf a bit longer than anticipated. Focus Features has pushed the release of the child-prodigy drama from Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow to next summer, a studio spokesperson confirmed to EW.
The film will now open June 16, 2017, in limited release, expanding in the weeks thereafter. Book of Henry was originally scheduled to debut next month, on Sept. 16.
Colin Trevorrow’s next movie isn’t a blockbuster, but it’s coming soon.
The Jurassic World director returns to theaters his fall with The Book of Henry. Focus Features set the Naomi Watts and Jacob Tremblay-led film for an exclusive release on Sept. 16, before expanding Sept. 23 and going wide Sept. 30.
Colin Trevorrow, the director of Jurassic World and the still-incubating Star Wars: Episode IX, has cracked open his non-tentpole next movie, The Book of Henry, and teased moviegoers with a photo of his three young stars.
- Kellyanne Conway took fight with Clinton aides personally
- Felicity Jones says 'Rogue One' is like 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Best of 2016: Director X talks Fifth Harmony's 'Work From Home' video
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Has Sara given up hope of saving Laurel?
- 'Star Wars': Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big