For jazz musician Chet Baker, music was everything. So when he lost his ability to play the trumpet as the result of a brutal attack, he was forced to imagine his life without everything he’d worked for.
Ethan Hawke taps into his inner musician in a new clip for Born to Be Blue, which finds Hawke portraying jazz musician Chet Baker.
Based on Baker’s real life, the film focuses primarily on what Baker was doing in the late 1960s as he attempts to revive his career. Unfortunately, an assault left Baker – who had risen to prominence in the 1950s – without his front teeth and the possible loss of his career.
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- Get a sneak peek at this week's 'RWBY': Exclusive clip
- 'Return of the Living Dead' star Don Calfa dies at 76
- Highlights from J.K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts' screenplay
- 'SNL': Emma Stone, John Cena, Casey Affleck are final hosts of 2016
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big