Clyde Phillips, the writer/showrunner behind hits such as Dexter and Nurse Jackie, just got a straight-to-series order from AMC. The network has picked up 10 one-hour episodes of Broke, a drama about two best friends who open a restaurant together.
Based on the Danish series Bankerot, Broke follows the two friends—one who’s a great chef, and the other, who’s the best sommelier in the city. Furthermore, one of them is in trouble with the mob, and the other is a widowed father of a teenage son.
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- Donald Glover to play young Lando Calrissian in Han Solo movie
- Documentary sequel 'You've Been Trumped, Too' to be released next week
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo