Castle is adding another new face for season 8.
Toks Olagundoye has joined the cast of Castle as a new series regular, EW has learned.
After word broke that Stana Katic is officially returning to Castle next year, ABC president Paul Lee told reporters that season 8 will not be the show’s last—even though the series is undergoing a showrunner swap, plus the more recent news that executive producers Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller will not be returning to produce Castle next year.
It’s official: Castle and Beckett fans don’t have to worry about the fate of their favorite couple. Stana Katic has officially signed on to Castle’s eighth season, which was renewed just last week.
This post contains details from the Castle episode that aired May 11.
Castle’s season 6 finale ended with someone crashing into Richard’s car on the way to his wedding. Season 7 opened with Richard abandoned at sea, unable to recall the past two months. What better way to end the season than with another clue, or even a definitive answer, to this peculiar unsolved mystery?
So far, we know that Castle’s seventh season finale will take viewers inside Castle’s childhood and present Beckett with some important decisions about her future. For more scoop, we talked with executive producers Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller about what else fans can expect from the season ender.
Though Castle has been renewed for an eighth season, the long-running ABC drama will return with new showrunners.
Terence Paul Winter—the Castle writer, not the Terence Patrick Winter from Boardwalk Empire—and The Following’s Alexi Hawley will step in as co-showrunners to replace David Amann, who had taken over for original showrunner Andrew Marlowe last season.
Nathan Fillion is signed on to reprise his titular role next season, but there’s still no word on his leading lady Stana Katic.
After receiving a case that looks eerily familiar to Castle, fans will finally get a taste of what made Castle’s namesake character want to become a mystery writer in the first place.
And we’ve got a sneak peek at the moment in the finale when Castle tells Beckett about the first time he saw a dead body. He was 11 when he went walking through some woods that he had been told to stay out of—and what he found has stuck with him all these years.
Carly Rae Jepsen is heading back to SNL… again… sort of. The “Call Me Maybe” singer is slated to appear as herself on the Saturday Night Live-themed episode of Castle, “Dead From New York,” EW has learned exclusively.
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!