His American Idol performances were dynamic, with the proper tongue-in-cheek cheesiness for the show. He’s since displayed acting chops on Broadway (The Wedding Singer) and soaps (The Bold and the Beautiful). But on Constantine, Constantine Maroulis can’t convert that charm into anything notable, or even listenable. Not quite rock, not quite soul, and derivative throughout, these songs showcase his bombastic voice with all the subtlety of an air-raid siren…and none of the excitement. Duck and cover. D+
- '12 Deadly Days': A tree witch is loose in exclusive first look
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Comedy Series?
- When are the 2017 Golden Globe nominations?
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'TVD,' 'Supernatural,' 'OUAT' and more
- 'Power Rangers' poster calls out the new megazords
- The 'Yule Log' is back on VOD to heat up the holidays
- 'Rogue One': Where to watch the world premiere live stream