Christmas has come early to Doctor Who — and not just because of time travel.
Alex Kingston is set to reprise her role as Professor River Song in the long-running sci-fi drama’s annual holiday special, the BBC announced Wednesday.
“It’s Christmas Day in the future and the TARDIS is parked on a snowy village street, covered in icicles, awaiting its next adventure,” the network says in a release. “Time traveler River Song meets her husband’s new incarnation, in the form of Peter Capaldi, for the first time this Christmas.”
Lego Dimensions is set to bring the worlds of some of the most beloved franchises together and, a little more than a month ahead of its release, TT Games has given fans a closer look at the Lego multiverse players will be saving.
Jay Z once rapped, “I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man!” Now none other than Agent Carter star Hayley Atwell is echoing that aim-high attitude and letting that world know she’d like to appear on Doctor Who — if she gets to play the Doctor, that is.
Transgender actress and stand-up comedian Bethany Black has been cast in a role in the new season of Doctor Who, which premieres on BBC America on Sept.
The Doctor is coming to a theater near you.
What can you say about Maisie Williams?
Don’t blame Steven Moffat if we never get a Sherlock-Doctor Who crossover episode.
“I work with boring people on both shows,” joked Moffat, who co-created Sherlock and serves as lead writer and executive producer for Doctor Who. “I’d do it, ‘cause it’d be funny. It’d just be a laugh. But the rest of them, frankly, the grownups — ‘No, you can have too much sugar.’”
The Doctor goes to some dark places in season 9, judging from a new trailer released during the Doctor Who panel presentation at San Diego’s Comic-Con International.
The trailer (watch it above) features Peter Capaldi’s Doctor, Jenna Coleman as Clara, and Michelle Gomez as the mysterious Missy. Season 9 is set to debut on Sept. 19.
Hello Whovians! The good Doctor won’t return to our timeline until this fall, when Peter Capaldi’s second season of Doctor Who lands on our television screens, and we know that’s making some of you feel like the girl who waited. Luckily for you and us, EW will be chatting it up soon with Capaldi and his companion, Jenna Coleman, who will be coming hot off their Hall H panel at Comic Con.
Before Thursday’s Doctor Who panel, here’s a refresher on the BBC America drama:
Where we left off: The usual place — which is to say, with the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and Clara (Jenna Coleman) reunited and preparing to visit new places and times in a blue box which is bigger on the inside than it appears from its exterior. So, not really that usual.
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- Keith Richards disses hip-hop, heavy metal in new interview
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!