Last year, Daisy Ridley made her debut as Rey, the brave and loyal desert scavenger who became the first-ever female character to headline a Star Wars film. For her latest project, the actress is tackling a similar story in a galaxy not so far away.
With our national headlines currently stuck in a rather toxic cycle, stories that value compassion, empathy, and the power of connection in the face of seemingly insurmountable barriers have special value. For that reason, The Eagle Huntress, the diligently crafted and family-friendly documentary narrated by Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley, is a particularly welcome arrival.
Daisy Ridley became a symbol of female empowerment as Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and now the actress is using her talents for another budding heroine: Ridley narrates the story of 13-year-old Aisholpan in the documentary The Eagle Huntress, which just debuted a new trailer.
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- 'Arrow': New clues to Prometheus' identity revealed
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- 'Madiba' first look: See Laurence Fishburne as Nelson Mandela
- John Cena vows to crush 'SNL' cast (except one member)
- Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone got ceremonial imprints at Chinese Theatre
- Tom Hardy is getting a Leonardo DiCaprio-designed tattoo after losing a bet
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot