It’s been a while since I last recapped Emily Owens, M.D. due to a very nasty other lady named Sandy. But after surviving a week without DVR (or power or hot water), I’ve never been so happy to be back at the recapping biz…though I wish it was a stronger episode of Emily to discuss.
I’m not gonna lie but on first meeting, I really thought I was gonna change doctors. I was not feeling a rapport with Emily Owens, M.D. Like I would have even considered—GASP!—going on over to NCIS: LA if stuff didn’t get better. But, after tonight’s episode, I’m feeling a teensy bit more comfortable with this gal who loves a chunky scarf.
The CW’s best new shows of the fall season are dramas Arrow and Emily Owens, M.D., which makes for a nice contrast demonstrating the six-year-old network’s strengths and weaknesses. Arrow is the Smallville-ification of DC Comics superhero Green Arrow, starring Stephen Amell as billionaire playboy Oliver Queen. The Emerald Archer, as we comic-book nerds used to call him, is presented here as a hooded bow-and-arrow expert with superb musculature who … well, what he does is almost beside the point.
So a year ago, I was recapping a lovely little show on The CW called Ringer about twins played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, some other forgettable characters and the GINORMOUS PHOTO of Gellar that hung in foyer of one of the sets. That’s pretty much all you need to know about it.
- Tracy Morgan reaches settlement in Walmart case
- More companies yank ads from '19 Kids and Counting'
- John Legend and Meghan Trainor go a cappella in new 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You' clip
- Jason Reitman will write, direct 'Beekle' for DreamWorks Animation
- Jennifer Esposito makes her 'Mistresses' debut in new season 3 poster
- PlayStation Plus offers 'Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes' and five more free games in June
- Patricia Highsmith's 'Ripley' eyed for TV