It’s been a while since I last recapped Emily Owens, M.D. due to a very nasty other lady named Sandy. But after surviving a week without DVR (or power or hot water), I’ve never been so happy to be back at the recapping biz…though I wish it was a stronger episode of Emily to discuss.
I’m not gonna lie but on first meeting, I really thought I was gonna change doctors. I was not feeling a rapport with Emily Owens, M.D. Like I would have even considered—GASP!—going on over to NCIS: LA if stuff didn’t get better. But, after tonight’s episode, I’m feeling a teensy bit more comfortable with this gal who loves a chunky scarf.
The CW’s best new shows of the fall season are dramas Arrow and Emily Owens, M.D., which makes for a nice contrast demonstrating the six-year-old network’s strengths and weaknesses. Arrow is the Smallville-ification of DC Comics superhero Green Arrow, starring Stephen Amell as billionaire playboy Oliver Queen. The Emerald Archer, as we comic-book nerds used to call him, is presented here as a hooded bow-and-arrow expert with superb musculature who … well, what he does is almost beside the point.
So a year ago, I was recapping a lovely little show on The CW called Ringer about twins played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, some other forgettable characters and the GINORMOUS PHOTO of Gellar that hung in foyer of one of the sets. That’s pretty much all you need to know about it.
- The best Twitter reactions to the premiere of 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan navigate parenthood in new 'Catastrophe' trailer
- The 7 best pop culture references to Felicity's shocking haircut
- A quick guide to Nobel Prize winner Svetlana Alexievich's most noteworthy work
- Todrick Hall is Lady Gaga in new fabulous mashup
- Marvel announces 'Ant-Man' sequel and its surprising title
- 'Jane the Virgin' star Gina Rodriguez: 'I definitely haven't gone untouched' by bullying