Falling Skies wrapped up its fourth season Sunday with what may be the show’s most hopeful yet most enigmatic season closer.
SPOILER ALERT: Details of tonight’s season 4 finale lie ahead!
As alien-filled as it is, Falling Skies has kept its characters Earth-bound throughout the show’s four years on TNT. But it appears that’s about to change. The 2nd Mass’ latest strategy for winning back their planet is rocketing themselves beyond Earth’s atmosphere – to the Espheni power converter on the moon.
It’s hard to condense four seasons of alien invasions, drone warfare, and dystopic bloodshed into 30 seconds, especially when the aliens in said show go by the decidedly cutesy name of ”Skitters.”
The short version of this week’s PopWatch Planner is two words and two words only: Shark Week. If you really want advice on what else to watch, maybe you could check out Franklin & Bash on Wednesday, or go to see The Giver over the weekend. But come on, do those have sharks in them?
Anyway, your pop-culture schedule for the week is:
SUNDAY Aug. 10
Falling Skies is halfway through its fourth season, which saw a lot of changes from season 3, along with the addition of new showrunner David Eick. With the 2nd Mass separated after an Espheni attack, our ensemble cast found themselves in very different worlds from one another.
Post-apocalyptic sci-fi drama Falling Skies is coming back this summer with its fourth season, and its latest trailer promises that it’s going to be as crazy as ever.
The TNT series, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and created by Robert Rodat, follows the aftermath of the human race after a disastrous alien invasion and how one history professor (Noah Wyle) takes charge of the remaining (human) survivors.
The sky is falling – but only on Amazon Prime.
The retailer announced today that beginning Saturday, Nov. 2, the third season of TNT’s post-apocalyptic drama will begin streaming exclusively on Amazon. Member’s of the site’s Prime service can watch all 10 episodes at no additional cost; Amazon is also the only online subscription service that carries Falling Skies’s first and second seasons.
Fans of TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles can rejoice: Looks like Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles will be back for another summer. The juicy procedural that stars Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander consistently produced amazing numbers – it’s ranked #1 out of all summer’s basic cable television shows with an average of 8.4 million viewers.
Falling Skies wrapped up its third season on TNT tonight, and on hand to talk about the finale on post-airing talk show 2nd Watch are stars Noah Wyle, Drew Roy, Jessy Schram, and Maxim Knight.
SPOILER ALERT: Do not read on if you don’t want to find out what happened in tonight’s season 3 finale of Falling Skies.
The third season of Falling Skies has kept viewers on the edge of their seats as the stakes were raised for the Mason family and other beloved characters, but Sunday the TNT sci-fi show wrapped up for the summer.
EW has answers to your burning questions about tonight’s finale straight from showrunner Remi Aubuchon.
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!