We’re back in the frozen Midwest for the upcoming season of FX’s Fargo, with only a busy woodpecker and the sound of gunfire to prepare fans for what’s to come.
On the scene at the Peabody Awards: Tina Fey kisses Amy Schumer, and other highlights from the ceremony
The 74th Peabody Awards, held Sunday in New York, was a night of firsts: the awards’ first evening ceremony, its first red carpet, the first podcast awarded a Peabody—and a first kiss between Tina Fey and Amy Schumer, which happened onstage when Fey presented Schumer with a Peabody for Inside Amy Schumer.
Fargo’s impressive season 2 ensemble cast has just added another notable name: EW has exclusively learned that actor-director Adam Arkin has signed on to play a mob boss in the series.
Arkin’s character is Hamish Broker. He’s officially described as a “mid-level manager in the Kansas City crime syndicate” (but is likely the highest-ranking member of the crime organization that we’ll actually see).
Arkin has also committed to directing the next installment’s penultimate episode and its season finale, i.e. episodes 9 and 10.
The 74th annual Peabody Awards entertainment winners have been announced, celebrating a host of relatively new but beloved television comedies and dramas.
Among the Peabody Award winners are two FX dramas, Fargo and The Americans. Two SundanceTV programs were also recognized for their achievements, as Rectify and The Honorable Woman were also named as winners.
Oh, you want new details on Fargo’s second season? You betcha, we got ‘em!
During TCA’s winter press tour, FX CEO John Langraf revealed that Ronald Reagan will figure into the second season of the network’s hit anthology series.
Fargo won two Golden Globes early on during Sunday night’s show, winning Best TV Miniseries or Movie while Billy Bob Thornton took home the award for Best Actor in a TV Miniseries or Movie.
Can Fargo do it again?
Hulu announced its plans to exclusively stream most of FX and FXX’s successful new shows from 2014 on Dec. 18, but one show was conspicuously absent—Fargo.
Though thanks to a new deal, you betcha the critically acclaimed show is coming to the streaming service next year.
Good news: Hulu will enable its premium subscribers to catch one of the underappreciated gems of 2014—You’re the Worst.
Fargo is going back in time to 1979 for season two, and EW has a first-look at a page from the season premiere script.
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!