Gamers can return to Midgar — but this time, it’s on a Monopoly board.
Final Fantasy VII Monopoly is set to be released on April 14, 2017, with pre-orders underway, video game merchandiser Merchoid announced this week.
As the Final Fantasy VII remake progresses, Square Enix has offered a new look at Cloud Strife’s journey re-imagined from its polygonal roots.
Debuted at the PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, the footage includes the first gameplay and voiceover of the remake, as well as snippets of the original CGI reveal trailer from last summer’s E3. The action can be glimpsed in the footage, indicating a slightly more real-time focus like Kingdom Hearts than the Active Time Battle in Final Fantasy VII’s original release.
Though it wasn’t released for a Nintendo platform, the iconic first 3D entry in the Final Fantasy series will soon join the roster of Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. series with a new character and stage coming to the fray.
One of the most oft-requested remakes from the last few years has become a reality.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'