Gamers can return to Midgar — but this time, it’s on a Monopoly board.
Final Fantasy VII Monopoly is set to be released on April 14, 2017, with pre-orders underway, video game merchandiser Merchoid announced this week.
As the Final Fantasy VII remake progresses, Square Enix has offered a new look at Cloud Strife’s journey re-imagined from its polygonal roots.
Debuted at the PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, the footage includes the first gameplay and voiceover of the remake, as well as snippets of the original CGI reveal trailer from last summer’s E3. The action can be glimpsed in the footage, indicating a slightly more real-time focus like Kingdom Hearts than the Active Time Battle in Final Fantasy VII’s original release.
Though it wasn’t released for a Nintendo platform, the iconic first 3D entry in the Final Fantasy series will soon join the roster of Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. series with a new character and stage coming to the fray.
One of the most oft-requested remakes from the last few years has become a reality.
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech