More often than not, Hollywood likes to tackle the end of the world with a bang: massive epidemics, planes falling out of the sky, mindless hordes of brain-guzzling zombies. But Into the Forest, writer-director Patricia Rozema’s adaptation of Jean Hegland’s 1996 novel, takes a quieter and more unsettling approach, focusing on two sisters’ struggle to survive after the power goes out—permanently.
Into the Forest focuses on two sisters — played by Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood — who must band together to survive after a massive, continent-wide power outage. And the fact that it’s two women navigating the fears and challenges in this new post-apocalyptic world is important to those on screen and behind the camera.
- Matt Damon defends 'The Great Wall' casting amid whitewashing claims
- Oakland warehouse manager refuses to answer questions on 'TODAY'
- Bloody poster for thriller 'Raw' asks, 'What are you hungry for?'
- No, Andy Cohen is not high on 'Watch What Happens Live'
- See the ultimate supercut of 2016's best movies
- Fiona Apple calls out Donald Trump in 'Christmas Song' parody
- Grammys 2017: The year's 11 biggest snubs
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans