What better way to kick-off the beginning of summer than a marathon of your favorite crime-fighters, reality stars, and war-themed movies? EW has you covered this Memorial Day, as we’ve gathered up some of the best programming for all of your binge-watching needs this holiday.
Devoted fans of Friday Night Lights have been in withdrawal since the heart-stirring drama went off the air in 2011. Rumors have swirled ever since about the possibility of a big screen reunion. But Kyle Chandler—who earned a best-actor Emmy for his role of Coach Eric Taylor—lays them to rest: “It ended so well, it ended beautifully,” he says. “And I was more than happy for it to end when it did, because you couldn’t have gone much further.”
With his metal-studded leather jacket, brown cowboy boots, and hoop earring, Buzz Bissinger oozes macho swagger as he cruises around downtown Philadelphia in his black BMW convertible, weighing in on recent novels and muttering curses at an errant pedestrian. Bissinger, 57, is best known as the author of the 1990 high school football blockbuster Friday Night Lights, which has sold nearly 2 million copies and spawned a movie and a TV series (a movie based on the TV show is also reportedly in the works).
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!