Did President Obama just take a page out of Coach Taylor’s playbook?
While wrapping up his final State of the Union address Tuesday evening, Obama referred to America as “the country we love. Clear-eyed. Big-hearted. Optimistic that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t stop singing — everyone’s favorite football drama is getting its own musical adaptation in 2016.
Clear eyes, full hearts — don’t text?
Kyle Chandler reprises his role as Friday Night Lights’ Coach Taylor in a new PSA for Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, where he attempts to give a motivational speech only to be interrupted by sounds of text tones, phones ringing, and camera clicks.
“Turn your goddamn cell phones off,” a peeved Taylor finally orders after the technology-obsessed crowd ignores his previous pleas to put down their phones. Watch the full PSA above.
What better way to kick-off the beginning of summer than a marathon of your favorite crime-fighters, reality stars, and war-themed movies? EW has you covered this Memorial Day, as we’ve gathered up some of the best programming for all of your binge-watching needs this holiday.
Devoted fans of Friday Night Lights have been in withdrawal since the heart-stirring drama went off the air in 2011. Rumors have swirled ever since about the possibility of a big screen reunion. But Kyle Chandler—who earned a best-actor Emmy for his role of Coach Eric Taylor—lays them to rest: “It ended so well, it ended beautifully,” he says. “And I was more than happy for it to end when it did, because you couldn’t have gone much further.”
With his metal-studded leather jacket, brown cowboy boots, and hoop earring, Buzz Bissinger oozes macho swagger as he cruises around downtown Philadelphia in his black BMW convertible, weighing in on recent novels and muttering curses at an errant pedestrian. Bissinger, 57, is best known as the author of the 1990 high school football blockbuster Friday Night Lights, which has sold nearly 2 million copies and spawned a movie and a TV series (a movie based on the TV show is also reportedly in the works).
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...