No Emmy Awards love for Beyoncé. Lemonade directors Beyoncé Knowles Carter and Khalil Joseph lost the Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special to Thomas Kail and Alex Rudzinski for Grease: Live.
Lemonade was also nominated for Outstanding Variety Special, but it lost to The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special at last week’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards.
Taylor Swift may have taken home the Grammy for Album of the Year on Monday, but Calvin Harris is staking his claim on the award for best boyfriend. The producer and DJ took to social media to express his joy for her success.
No, Kendrick Lamar didn’t walk away from the 58th Grammy Awards with Album of the Year, but he let his influence linger in may ways, by winning best Rap Album, giving a stunning performance, and bringing Compton High School students to the ceremony..
The rapper brought a group of students from his hometown to the STAPLES Center for the awards show, courtesy of Reebok. They were given gift bags along with a fresh pair of shoes.
A lot happened at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards on Monday, but there were only a few moments that had Facebook going wild with reactions. In a performance-filled, controversy-stirring three-and-a-half hours, these were the moments that had the most people talking:
Music’s biggest night wouldn’t be complete without a wild pre-ceremony fashion show. The red carpet at Monday night’s Grammy Awards ranged from glam style gold to sexy, skin-showing numbers to flat-out weird blunders.
Criticism of the Grammys depends primarily on how you’ve reconciled what you think the ceremony should be—an evening of music’s finest honors—and what it has become: an amalgamation of presentations, a series of viral swings aimed toward the elusive “Grammy moment.” Hell, it’s now a goal so unsubtle, presenter Anna Kendrick even mentioned we were about to see one before it even happened.
If Grammy viewers didn’t know who Alexander Hamilton was before Monday night’s show, they certainly do now. Google Trends tweeted that searches for “Who is Alexander Hamilton?” spiked four times the normal rate, thanks to the 58th Grammy Awards, during which the Hamilton cast performed live from the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City and took home the award for Best Musical Album.
Justin Bieber’s younger brother didn’t get a chance to take the stage at Monday night’s Grammys, but someone in his age bracket did: Joey Alexander. The 12-year-old pianist took the stage to show off the chops that make him one of the youngest Grammy nominees in history.
Recording Academy President/CEO Neil Portnow and Common introduced Joey before he joyfully took center stage. “We have to ensure that the work of these gifted artists is truly valued so that our industry not only survives, but thrives for our next generation,” Portnow said.
Lauryn Hill was expected to perform at the 2016 Grammys with The Weeknd, but she did not take the stage. Why? A packed schedule, according to her reps.
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst addresses this week's panic attack
- Twitter rallies behind 'Mockingbird' writer after feminist cover backlash
- Stephen Colbert gives Newt Gingrich ‘the talk’ after Megyn Kelly interview
- Megyn Kelly to co-host 'Live' with Kelly Ripa the morning after election
- Hillary Clinton addresses Death Row Records wardrobe meme
- 'HTGAWM' star on Michaela's 'fractured' relationship with mom
- Gordon Ramsay rails against the five worst Halloween treats
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers