The hunt is over for the science fiction series Hunters, which has been canceled by Syfy, EW has confirmed.
Like a lot of Syfy originals, Hunters has an intriguing premise: The U.S. is under attack by a new breed of terrorists: aliens. It even boasts a bit of pedigree on its side, given that its producers are alums of such properties as The Walking Dead and 12 Monkeys. So maybe it’ll be better you’re your average humdrum cable-TV sci-fi effort?
Or maybe not: Unfortunately, the first episode doesn’t live up to its potential. And, spoiler alert, I’ve seen the second episode, as well…and it doesn’t get too much better.
Syfy is getting into the alien-hunting business.
Inspired by Whitley Strieber’s best-selling novel Alien Hunter, Hunters tells the story of Baltimore FBI agent Flynn Carroll (Nathan Phillips), whose search for his missing wife leads him to a highly classified government organization, the Eco-Terrorism Unit, which tracks and fights alien terrorists. Britne Oldford and Julian McMahon also star.
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- Ja Rule, Ashanti reunite for mesmerizing performance of 'Helpless'
- 'Chicago P.D.': Get an exclusive first look at Nick Wechsler's debut
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday