Watching this roughly minute-long Indiana Jones cartoon, it’s easy to get your hopes up. Is this a show? quickly becomes This is a show!, which then leads to: When is this on?
But for now, this is it.
Indiana Jones isn’t going the way of Han Solo — at least not yet.
In a new interview with the Hollywood Reporter, director Steven Spielberg revealed that Harrison Ford’s swashbuckling archaeologist will definitely make it out of Indiana Jones 5 in one piece.
Asked about the long-in-the-works sequel, Spielberg said, “The one thing I will tell you is I’m not killing off Harrison at the end of it.”
For years after Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull saw Harrison Ford reprise the role of the crusading archaeologist, rumors swirled of an Indiana Jones reboot that would star a younger actor as a younger Indy.
After donning Han Solo’s famous vest last year for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Harrison Ford will be pulling out Indiana Jones’ fedora and whip for a fifth installment in the character’s franchise — and, like a giant boulder, he’s ready to get rolling.
During an appearance on Monday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, Ford told late-night host Jimmy Kimmel he’s excited to re-team with Steven Spielberg and play Dr. Jones again.
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday