'The Canyons': We saw it so you don't have to
There are some movies so awesomely bad that their unintentional badness turns into audience happiness. See Sharknado, or most Lifetime Originals. And then there are movies so awesomely sad, that their sadness makes the audience sad by association. See The Canyons.
Is 'The Canyons' a sleazy wallow or a good movie? Or both? And can it salvage the career of Lindsay Lohan?
Actors aren’t the characters they play (duh!), but a lot of times we pretend they are. Whoever they happen to be off-screen can dictate the lens through which we experience them on-screen. In The Canyons, Paul Schrader’s raunchy and malevolent dark-side-of-L.A. thriller soap opera, Lindsay Lohan, in troweled-on ’60s makeup (think Elizabeth Taylor meets Tura Satana), plays a Los Angeles hanger-on named Tara who always seems a thin step away from falling apart.
'The Canyons' trailer: Lindsay Lohan would like to keep some parts of her life private
It’s the moment we’ve all been either waiting for … or dreading. After months of hype, fascinating profiles, delays, and finger-twirling, The Canyons is finally upon us.
Watching this clip from Lindsay Lohan's 'The Canyons' will make you feel icky...
… but chances are you’ll do it anyway.
'Canyons' star James Deen on working with Lindsay Lohan, the 'NY Times' article, and always being known as 'that porn guy'
Like many a pop culture aficionado, The Canyons star James Deen read the New York Times story on Lindsay Lohan/ The Canyons over the weekend.
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup
- Q-Tip announces final A Tribe Called Quest album
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Legos
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown