Writer-director Jeff Baena’s latest may center on a bachelor party/boys’ weekend, but don’t expect much in the way of Hangover hijinks.
Instead of celebrating his impending nuptials, the titular Josh (Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch) finds himself reeling after his fiancée commits suicide—on his birthday. When his friends learn that the bachelor party deposit they put down on an Ojai rental house is nonrefundable, they decide to gather there anyway for a weekend that’s part escapist fun, part awkward confrontation of grief.
Just because the wedding is canceled, that doesn’t mean that the bachelor party has to go to waste, right? That’s the thought process of Joshy’s friends after they find out their forlorn buddy has just had to scrap his upcoming nuptials.
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday