Some 15 years after starring in the West End play of the same name, Maggie Smith returns to her role as the titular Lady in the Van, playing a real-life homeless woman known as Miss Shepherd, who parked the van she slept in on writer Alan Bennett’s street. Bennett, who’s played in the film version by Alex Jennings, offered to let Miss Shepherd move her van onto his driveway for a few weeks back in the early ‘70s. She ended up staying for 15 years.
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big