Syfy orders The Magicians to series
There’s another beloved, New York Times-bestselling book series coming to television. Syfy announced Monday that it’s greenlighting a TV show based on Lev Grossman’s The Magicians. “The Magicians’ pilot beautifully delivers a world filled with wonder, fantasy and intrigue,” said network president Dave Howe in a statement. “We can’t wait to delve deeper into the lives of Quentin and his college friends, as they struggle with the enormity of their burgeoning powers—and unleash them upon the world.”
Visit Brakebills Academy in Syfy's
first trailer for The Magicians
Syfy has unveiled the first look at its adaptation of Lev Grossman’s The Magicians, set to debut in 2016.
The trailer sets up the story of Quentin Coldwater (Jason Ralph), who stumbles upon the magical Brakebills Academy. But Quentin soon learns that becoming a magician isn’t as easy as it might sound. With a little help from friends like Eliot (Hale Appleman) and Margo (Summer Bishil)—whose character is named Janet in the Lev Grossman series from which The Magicians is adapted—he just might make it through.
On the Books: German authors sign open letter criticizing Amazon tactics
Lev Grossman on 'The Magician's Land': 'It felt like a world ending'
Syfy greenlights pilot based on Lev Grossman's 'The Magicians'
Syfy announced on Wednesday that it is moving forward with a pilot for The Magicians, an adaptation of Lev Grossman’s fantasy series, Deadline reports. The pilot was written by John McNamara (Prime Suspect) and Sera Gamble (Supernatural), with Michael London and Janice Williams onboard to produce.
On the Books: Here's what Jane Austen looked like, according to a forensic artist
A forensic artist has constructed what might be the most accurate artistic rendition of Jane Austen. It’s based on sketches made of Austen while she was alive and descriptions written down about her by her contemporaries. But, like all waxworks, her eyes will always have a dull, dead look, despite the red in her face. [The Guardian]
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big