It’s been eons since Kate Winslet strapped on a corset for a frippery-festooned period drama. So there’s a welcome sense of déjà vu seeing her in director Alan Rickman’s A Little Chaos. Winslet stars as Sabine de Barra, a widowed landscape architect hired by Louis XIV’s resident designer (Matthias Schoenaerts) to build an outdoor ballroom at Versailles.
Kate Winslet is both delightfully profane and extremely polite. For example: The 39-year-old Oscar winner was not familiar with the recent buzz caused by Maggie Gyllenhaal’s claim that she lost out on a role because she was considered too old to play the love interest for a 55-year-old man. “Oh, for f–k’s sake, that is f–king hilarious,” Winslet says, while preparing some tea for herself and a guest.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories