Loving has been given a prime awards season release date.
The interracial marriage biopic starring Joel Edgerton and Ruth Negga hits theaters Nov. 4 on a limited basis before going wide Nov. 11, Focus Features announced Tuesday.
Writer-director Jeff Nichols (Mud, Midnight Special) was inspired by the award-winning documentary The Loving Story, which detailed the lives of Richard (Edgerton) and Mildred Loving (Negga).
Focus Features has picked up distribution rights for Loving, a film about the real-life marriage of Richard and Mildred Loving. The deal was negotiated by CAA on behalf of the filmmakers and includes distribution in North American and most major international territories, a rep from Focus Features confirmed to EW.
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big