Telltale Games’ take on Minecraft not only finally has a release date for its fifth episode but also has more installments in store for players throughout 2016.
From the opening minutes of Minecraft: Story Mode’s third episode, “The Last Place You Look” announces itself as something better than the last two episodes preceding it. Telltale Games has ramped up its opening credits game this year (with Tales from the Borderlands use of great rock tracks and the adaptation of HBO’s Game of Thrones now-iconic opening).
Though the normal turnaround between episodes of any given Telltale Games series can be several months, the developer has celebrated the release of Minecraft: Story Mode on disc with a surprisingly early new entry in the studio’s latest franchise.
Mojang’s Minecraft has garnered a level of ubiquity most gaming franchises could only dream of. But the world of crafting and creepers is built on a foundation of, well, building, allowing players to sculpt whatever blocky landscapes their minds can dream up.
Combining the worldwide phenomenon of Minecraft with an all-star cast, Telltale Games is bringing its familiar episodic, choice-based gameplay to a brand new adventure with Minecraft: Story Mode.
Telltale Games is continuing to expand its slate of episodic gaming this fall with the release of Minecraft: Story Mode, and now the studio has revealed when exactly players will be able to jump into its latest adventure.
Telltale Games lifted up the veil on its latest episodic series, Minecraft: Story Mode with a debut trailer at this weekend’s Minecon celebration, and an announcement about the star-studded voice cast.
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony