After news of Elena Ferrante’s identity broke this week, sales of her books are “up” at Amazon.
“Sales are up for a series that was already selling well,” Amazon Books Senior Editor Chris Schluep says in a statement to EW. “Regarding her possible unmasking, it doesn’t make the characters or the story any less real. A great author is a great author, no matter the other details.”
In addition to devouring Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels, fans will soon be able to see the story on stage.
London’s Rose Theatre Kingston announced Monday that it will be presenting a play based on the four books. Titled My Brilliant Friend after the first novel in the series, the show’s split into two parts, which audiences can see on either the same day or separate days.
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big