Mysteries of Laura is getting Lost.
EW has learned exclusively that Lost alums Harold Perrineau and Greg Grunberg have landed guest-starring roles on an upcoming episode of Debra Messing’s NBC series.
When we last saw our fearless detective and hot captain in The Mysteries of Laura finale, things were a little dicey. Captain Jake (Josh Lucas) had no clue that he had professed his undying love moments before his ex-wife, Detective Laura (Debra Messing), walked into the hospital room. That’s what a bullet to the chest will do to you. It doesn’t appear that Jake and Laura are back together, but there is some good news — both are flying their flirt flags. The food truck guy isn’t even mentioned. Poor Tony. We will miss your amazing grilled cheese sandwiches.
“It feels good to be back,” Debra Messing says of returning to the role of Laura on the lighthearted detective drama Mysteries of Laura for its sophomore season. But changes are afoot at the precinct — for example, there’s a new captain in town, played by Rescue Me alum Callie Thorne.
From now until our huge fall TV preview which hits newsstands Sept. 10, EW is bringing you 50 scoops in 50 days. Follow the hashtag #50Scoops50Days on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the latest, and check EW.com/50Scoops50Days for all the news and surprises.
Laura Diamond, get ready to meet your match!
EW has learned exclusively that Callie Thorne will be joining the cast of Mysteries of Laura in a recurring capacity for season 2.
Say what you want about the show, but you can’t deny the chemistry between the two leads in The Mysteries of Laura. Even though they play a divorced couple, it’s evident that Jake adores Laura’s feisty demeanor. And history has proven that Jake’s undeniable charm is Laura’s kryptonite. They’ve figured out how to work together and raise their kids without disrespecting or killing the each other.
Melissa Joan Hart talks guest starring on Mysteries of Laura -- and possible 'Clarissa'/'Sabrina' reboots
Somewhere in between filming Melissa and Joey, mothering three boys, and running her new clothing line, Melissa Joan Hart found time to guest star alongside Debra Messing in Mysteries of Laura.
Melissa & Joey star Melissa Joan Hart is set to appear on an episode of NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura, EW has confirmed.
Hart will guest star as online radio host KC Moss, who runs a Serial-esque program that gets in the way of Detective Laura Diamond’s (Debra Messing) investigation of a 15-year-old cold case. Moss is described as a ” former ‘nobody,’ a nerdy, frizzy-haired teenager.”
- See John Cena and Aaron Taylor-Johnson in 'The Wall' trailer
- Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool 2' and new director David Leitch
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Drama Series?
- 'Rogue One': Felicity Jones didn't want Jyn 'running around in a tank top'
- Best of 2016: How 'Lion' found its 8-year-old star
- 'Vampire Diaries': Candice King teases mid-season finale
- 'La La Land' reviews: Critics sing tune of a major Oscar contender
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes