Naruto creator on his groundbreaking series: 'I had absolutely no idea that it would ever be a success'
When Japanese artist Masashi Kishimoto began his work on Naruto and published a one-shot of the story in 1997, the manga community was still considered a niche interest. By the time Kishimoto debuted a second version in 1999, it didn’t take long for Naruto to become one of the most popular and best-selling manga properties in the world. Over the years, the series has spawned multiple pop culture properties, including anime series, novels, video games, movies, books and more.
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'