The perils of social media may be ripe for the after-school-special treatment, but less expectedly, they make for a half-decent Hunger Games riff.
Emma Roberts and Dave Franco star as Vee and Ian, two players in Nerve, an app-driven competition that rewards contestants for completing increasingly risky dares with IRL cash. Of course, all of this is illegal and protected by a strict code of secrecy that keeps any responsible authority figures from knowing about Nerve or how it works—kind of like Snapchat.
Pokémon Go may be taking over the world, but Dave Franco and Emma Roberts say their new film Nerve serves as a cautionary tale for gamers. The stars stopped by the EW studio at San Diego Comic-Con to dish about their tech-y thriller.
“The first half, you’re like, ‘All right, this is fun,’ and then inevitably it goes horribly wrong,” Franco says. The film serves as a commentary on a fame-driven culture, Franco explains, with characters going to incredible lengths for attention and glory.
All eyes are on Emma Roberts and Dave Franco’s dangerous game of truth or dare — er, actually dare or dare — in the first trailer for their upcoming thriller Nerve.
Directing duo Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman – the team behind the documentary film Catfish – have a lot of nerve. (Get it?)
- 'Reign' to end after season 4
- WATCH: Building humanity into 'Rogue One' droid K-2SO
- Pokemon Go announcement teases Gen 2 Pokemon possibly coming soon
- Donald Trump set for 'Fox News Sunday' interview with Chris Wallace
- NFL star Steve Smith donned a Yoda costume at press conference
- Joe Jonas and 'Game of Thrones' star Sophie Turner are now dating
- Trailers From Hell takes on 'The Incredible Melting Man'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot