It’s mid-November, and while most people are just getting their brains around the turkey thing and what they’re going to say to Uncle Philo when they’re stuck next to him and his bourbon breath at the table this year, the Entertainment Weekly writers and critics are thinking about… end of the year best/worst lists. That’s right, even if the year has a month and a half to go – and even if it’s our critical duty to keep on eye out for any late candidates for inclusion – we have to start figuring out our top 10 and bottom five.
The Waterboy may look like just another boneheaded Adam Sandler farce to you, yet in his role as a ”water distribution engineer” who always minds his mama (the indomitable Kathy Bates), Sandler carries on in a theatrical tradition that dates back to Oedipus and Hamlet. Here, a field guide to a few other movie sons who loved their mothers not wisely but too well. And vice versa.
- Spidey swings into action in first 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Debut New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Theme Song
- Nearly 8000 Starbucks stores are now 'Pokémon Go' Gyms and PokéStops
- Megan Mullally: 'There is a very good chance' for 'Will & Grace' reboot
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury makes plea for season 2
- 'Pitch' boss on Fox baseball drama's struggle and future
- Meghan Trainor cancels tour stops for vocal rest
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes