The sheer glut of video game releases may quiet down in the dying days of winter, but March is still packed with a few major titles to keep players busy as spring kicks into gear.
March sees the return of several major franchises, either in new or remade fashion, along with the launch of a notable new franchise, Nintendo’s foray into the mobile market, and the arrival of a major player in the virtual reality space — the Oculus Rift.
Pokémon battles are coming to the Wii U early this year.
Nintendo has given upcoming fighting game Pokkén Tournament a release date of March 18.
The upcoming game is part of the celebration for Pokémon’s 20th anniversary. Rather than the turn-based battles of traditional Pokémon games — or even other arena-like titles in the franchise like Pokémon Stadium — Pokkén Tournament will let players battle it out as Pokémon in a more traditional fighting game style.
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize