With the debut of tonight’s summer premiere episode of Pretty Little Liars comes news that Lucy Hale has scored a second job.
Hale has been named the latest beauty brand ambassador for mark, a beauty and fashion offshoot of cosmetics giant Avon.
When it came time to dress Pretty Little Liars stars Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell and Troian Bellisario for this week’s issue of EW, stylist Emma Trask called on the ABC Family show’s costume designer Mandi Line for pointers.
“I spoke to Mandi and she described the vibe that she goes for on the show,” says Trask. “What we ended up with is a blend of [each girl’s] personal style and the look of her character.”
As the costume designer behind one of the most fashion-forward teen shows on TV, Pretty Little Liars’ Mandi Line has helped inspire trends and create style stars out of Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, and Troian Bellisario.
Ashley Benson has just been named the new face of Faviana, a line of red carpet-inspired eveningwear.
Fans love Spencer’s look on Pretty Little Liars, but actress Troian Bellisario says her high-school style didn’t get quite the same reception when she was a student in real life.
At Tadashi Shoji’s New York Fashion Week show, Bellisario revealed her biggest fashion faux-pas to EW.
As a 17-year-old caught between a new era of electronic music and a folk-rock revival brought about by bands like Mumford & Sons, I appreciated that you gave some well-deserved attention to rising indie artists such as the Head and the Heart in ”The Great Folk-Rock Revival.” I recently attended a Mumford concert, and it was a transcendent experience. I’ve been obsessed with the band ever since, so you can imagine my delight when I saw their name on the cover! —Rowan Wu, Belmont, Mass.
This teen drama is based on the novels of YA author Sara Shepard. After most-popular-girl-in-school Alison mysteriously disappears, the friends she left behind — the titutlar liars — start receiving texts from a social media-savvy specter identified only as ”A.” Is ”A” Alison? Apparently not, since Alison soon turns up dead. The exact identity is a mystery — one among many — that continues to unravel.
”No tweeting!” Marlene King screeches that command at anyone within earshot on the set of Pretty Little Liars, the buzzy ABC Family teen mystery series she oversees.
If you’ve never obsessed over who really killed Ali DiLaurentis or whether Amy belongs with her baby-daddy Ricky, congratulations — you’re probably old! And you’re definitely not watching ABC Family, which has found its niche with its two biggest hits, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Pretty Little Liars. That niche, it seems, involves taking viewers as far away from reality as possible, but in very different ways.
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!