Live-in housekeeper Val (Regina Casé) has cooked, cleaned, and essentially raised her wealthy employers’ teenage son for 13 years in Sao Paulo. But when her own estranged daughter Jessica (Carmila Márdila) comes to live with her, Val starts to reconsider what motherhood really means as her ambitious daughter quickly violates the home’s unspoken class barriers. This Brazilian drama offers a nuanced, often funny look at family and social status, and Casé’s performance is both heartbreaking and hilarious. A-
- Matt Damon defends 'The Great Wall' casting amid whitewashing claims
- Oakland warehouse manager refuses to answer questions on 'TODAY'
- Bloody poster for thriller 'Raw' asks, 'What are you hungry for?'
- No, Andy Cohen is not high on 'Watch What Happens Live'
- See the ultimate supercut of 2016's best movies
- Fiona Apple calls out Donald Trump in 'Christmas Song' parody
- Grammys 2017: The year's 11 biggest snubs
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans