Greg Berlanti may be going from the Arrowverse to another realm of high-stakes drama: high school.
The uber-producer behind such DC Comics-inspired TV shows as Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl is in negotiations to direct a big-screen adaptation of the LGBTQ-themed young-adult novel Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, EW has confirmed.
Adults who read this coming-out/coming-of-age novel will probably wish it had been around when they were kids. But really, it’s so of-the-moment it couldn’t have been written any earlier. Teens may be grappling with sexuality at a time when gay marriage is legal in most states, but that doesn’t make their struggles less real. Simon Spier, a 16-year-old Harry Potter fanatic, is goaded out of the closet after a classmate discovers his emails to a pen pal. Albertalli paints a stunningly three-dimensional, cliche-free world for Simon that bursts with unforgettable characters.
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big