New Scarlett Johansson music is here, and it’s coming at you from the Sing soundtrack.
Johansson voices a porcupine, Ash, in the animated feature (due Dec. 21), which follows koala Buster Moon (Matthew McConaughey) as he throws a singing competition to save his theater. Her song, “Set It All Free,” is a rocking, energetic anthem about letting loose and not letting things keep you down.
Now, set yourself free from whatever else you’re doing and give the new track a listen:
Ariana Grande and Stevie Wonder dropped their most recent collaboration, a track called “Faith” from the upcoming animated film Sing.
Produced by Ryan Tedder and Benny Blanco, “Faith” was announced back in September and revealed to be Wonder’s first contribution to a film in more than 20 years.
Imagine American Idol, but instead of Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, there’s a pig, gorilla, porcupine, and elephant, all trying to live out their dream. That’s Sing.
The new trailer for the animated musical comedy, written and directed by Garth Jennings, finds its animal characters struggling to chase their singing aspirations, while perfectly paired with Eminem’s “Sing for the Moment,” which samples Aerosmith’s “Dream On.”
Who else could get Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson to sing Top 40 hits as a koala, pig, and porcupine, respectively?
Stevie Wonder will release a new track entitled “Faith” featuring Ariana Grande. The song will be on the soundtrack of the upcoming movie Sing about animated animals entertaining a singing competition.
In December’s animated comedy Sing, Matthew McConaughey tackles one of the greatest contributions to pop culture in the last 10 years: Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.” The movie finds koala Buster (McConaughey) creating a singing competition to save his beloved theater and, at one point, Buster advises porcupine contestant Ash (Scarlett Johannson) on the merits of Jepsen’s catchy hit. “I just rip that off a couple of times,” says the actor. “I’m just singing to say, ‘Look, this is a song you can do.’ So I do a little a cappella of that.”
There’s nothing like Katy Perry to get you pumped for the Olympics. The latest “go for the gold”-themed TV spot for Sing features a cover of the pop star’s “Roar,” as well as ones for Panic! at the Disco’s “Victorious” and DJ Khaled’s “All I Do Is Win.”
Illumination Entertainment has had a string of successes with two Despicable Me films, their spin-off Minions, and The Secret Life of Pets, which is currently dominating the box office. Now, the production company is hoping to continue its hot streak with its next film, Sing.
Matthew McConaughey’s recent streak of amazing character names — see Rustin Cohle and Newton Knight — continues in the trailer for Sing, where he plays Buster Moon, a koala struggling to save his theater.
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big