Why the Charlie’s Angels soundtrack is the fiercest, funkiest girl-power playlist ever
Charlie’s Angels, McG’s film based on the 1970s TV series of the same name, first introduced its holy trinity of Dylan (Drew Barrymore), Alex (Lucy Liu), and Natalie (Cameron Diaz) to the world on Nov. 3, 2000. McG’s background in directing music videos unmistakably informed his work with Charlie’s Angels – his debut feature – and the music is an integral part of the colorful, kinetic movie.
What comes after the one-hit wonder?
In honor of National One-Hit Wonder Day, we took a look at 10 one-hit-wonders from the past 35 years and how their next single after the hit performed: Turns out “Who Let the Dogs Out” wasn’t Baha Men’s only single, and Los del Río’s second attempt at remixing “Macarena” barely stuck. See what followed their career-defining hits below.
Sir Mix-a-Lot performs 'Baby Got Back' with the Seattle Symphony
If you were under the impression that “I like big butts and I cannot lie” is the sort of lyric that can’t be rapped at a classy event, well, get ready to be proven wrong.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Seattle Symphony’s Sonic Evolution: The series commissions new orchestral work that’s inspired by music icons from the city. And for London-based composer, DJ, and producer Gabriel Prokofiev, that meant remixing Sir Mix-a-Lot’s 90’s hit “Baby Got Back” during an appearance at Benaroya Hall.
- Patton Oswalt on his wife's death: 'Grief is an attack on life'
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- 'Muppet Babies' series revival a go at Disney Junior
- Warren Beatty plays Howard Hughes in final 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like