Director Laszlo Nemes’ harrowing Holocaust drama Son of Saul is an immersive journey into the horrors of Auschwitz, as experienced by a Hungarian Jew forced to participate in the day-to-day work of extermination as a Sonderkommando.
Winner of the Grand Prix at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, first-time filmmaker László Nemes’ shattering Holocaust drama is about trying to hold on to the smallest shred of humanity in the midst of the most inhumane chapter in history. Géza Röhrig, a newcomer himself whose day job in real life is teaching Jewish studies at a Brooklyn private school, stars as Saul Auslander. His performance is searing and unshakeable.
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- 'The Flash' winter finale will change the direction of the show
- ANOHNI urges president to release Chelsea Manning
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday