Telenovela finished its first season Monday, but before that happened star Eva Longoria brought her soap-y skills to Spice World. The actress performed the Spice Girls hit “Wannabe” in the style of a soap star. Cue the over-the-top head turns, tears, and desperation.
Gabrielle and Carlos, together again!
Eva Longoria announced via Twitter on Monday that Ricardo Chavira — the actor who played her husband Carlos on ABC’s long-running dramedy Desperate Housewives — will guest-star on Telenovela, her new comedy for NBC.
Much has been made about how NBC — the network that gave us Cheers, Must-See TV, and a decade’s worth of post-laughtrack prestige comedy — has struggled with sitcoms lately. At the moment, the Peacock only has a handful of comedies, and most of them are, well, not very good.
Can Telenovela break the mold? It’s early to say, but judging by its frantically funny first hour, it might be the best comedy the network has right now.
- What to Watch Thursday: Taraji P. Henson hosts a Christmas party
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst explains what makes this season so different
- Carpool Karaoke confession: Madonna made out with Michael Jackson
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot