Telenovela finished its first season Monday, but before that happened star Eva Longoria brought her soap-y skills to Spice World. The actress performed the Spice Girls hit “Wannabe” in the style of a soap star. Cue the over-the-top head turns, tears, and desperation.
Gabrielle and Carlos, together again!
Eva Longoria announced via Twitter on Monday that Ricardo Chavira — the actor who played her husband Carlos on ABC’s long-running dramedy Desperate Housewives — will guest-star on Telenovela, her new comedy for NBC.
Much has been made about how NBC — the network that gave us Cheers, Must-See TV, and a decade’s worth of post-laughtrack prestige comedy — has struggled with sitcoms lately. At the moment, the Peacock only has a handful of comedies, and most of them are, well, not very good.
Can Telenovela break the mold? It’s early to say, but judging by its frantically funny first hour, it might be the best comedy the network has right now.
- Hillary Clinton addresses Death Row Records wardrobe meme
- 'HTGAWM' star on Michaela's 'fractured' relationship with mom
- Gordon Ramsay rails against the five worst Halloween treats
- NFL star Richard Sherman dressed as Harry Potter
- Celebrities wish Hillary Clinton a happy birthday
- WATCH: Ruth Wilson on 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers