In Texas Rising, the ongoing miniseries from History, Bill Paxton and Ray Liotta portray the events that led to the formation of the Texas Rangers in the 1800s. In doing so, the actors had to look the part, which meant old-timey costumes, old-timey facial hair, and of course, old-timey weapons. But neither actor is a stranger to period pieces.
The story of the Texas Rangers is one of politics, violence, and even a little romance. And the History Channel is hoping to cover the spectrum with Texas Rising, its upcoming 10-hour miniseries.
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'
- Lacey Chabert shares her list of Hallmark holiday movie musts
- #MakeFilmsIntoTVShows Twitter trend was long overdue
- The Best of 2016 in entertainment, from A to Z