Richard Gere sat down for a video Q&A Wednesday about the issue of homelessness, prompted after a photo of him dressed as a homeless man for the film Time Out of Mind went viral on social media.
Richard Gere wants to have a public conversation about the issue of homelessless after a photo of him playing a homeless man in the film Time Out of Mind went viral.
Visible in almost every frame of Time Out Of Mind, Richard Gere stars as a homeless man named George who drifts through New York City, bouncing from abandoned apartments and ER waiting rooms to homeless shelters and government offices. Written and directed by Oren Moverman, the story itself is almost plotless, and George’s days soon blend together as he wakes up, wanders the city, and finds a place to sleep at night. Little by little, the film reveals pieces of George’s backstory: his name, his estranged daughter, his previous life.
Richard Gere gives a tremendously moving performance in Time Out of Mind, a tough, lyrical, decidedly uncommercial drama from director Oren Moverman, who guided Woody Harrelson to an Oscar nomination six years ago in The Messenger. He very well might do the same for Gere.
- Here are the most-retweeted celebrities of 2016
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Star Wars' top Twitter trending lists for 2016
- Seth Meyers compares Trump to 'sh--ty kid at high school'
- What to Watch Tuesday: Reggie Watts gets 'Spatial'
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday